As I've mentioned earlier - I am truly fascinated with the paranormal - ghosts, orbs, haunted houses, mist, apparitions, EVPs, ghost stories/legends and hearing from those who have had personal experiences - the whole kitten caboodle...
Thanks to the technology of our day, there are many great captures of the phenomena to view and marvel after over the internet. And yes, some of these could be and are fake, but in my opinion, there are two questions that you need to answer as to whether these are fake or not -
1. Do you believe in the paranormal?
2. Do you believe what you're seeing is actually genuine?
If the answer to the first question is NO, then everything you see here is fake. If, on the other hand, your answer is YES, then the second question comes into play with each picture or clip you see. Be your own judge. I am not trying to make a believer out of you - I wouldn't insult you like that (hell, I have other ways :-)), rather just presenting for your enjoyment some real interesting captures and sharing my passion of them.
So here are some of my favourite paranormal captures and stories. Best to view these at 1am with most of the lights turned off. Even better if it's a howling wind outside and your house is creaky! Enjoy.
1. 19th Century Carriage? Something happens at the 38-second mark - what is it? Slow it down using the pause button - does it look like an old carriage with a lantern?
2. Staircase Apparition. Short clip - watch the staircase as the people approach.
3. Freddie Jackson. Famous creepy WW1 picture of Freddie Jackson joining his squad for a group shot.
4. The Brown Lady. This is a classic ghost photograph of Lady Dorothy Townshend taken at Raynham Hall in England.
5. EVPs from the Ghoststudy site. EVPs are Electronic Voice Phenomena - basically ghosts capture via tape recorder.
6. Old woman and her dog. Taken in Chicago.
7. Closet door. Interesting phenomena if genuine of the Villisca Axe Murder House, where on June 10, 1912 - eight people were bludgeoned to death in Villisca, Iowa. Most of them were children. Here are some EVPs from the same investigation team in Villisca.
8. Flying Orb. Occurred in an abandoned house in Bristol, Virginia.
9. Willard Library Ghost Cam. The "Lady in Grey" haunts a library in Ohio. They have set up ghost cams throughout the library where viewers can capture her. The legend of her is here.
10. Like many cities, my hometown of Toronto has it's share of great ghost stories. My personal favourites throughout the years are:
- Hogg's Hollow
- The Phantom Car
- Fort York
- Royal York Hotel (I worked at the old Royal York one summer and first heard of the grey haired man - he is quite famous to the staff)
While living in Ottawa, I found out about some great local stories, including:
- Nicholas Street Hostel
- Watson's Mill
Earlier this year while overseas, I encountered much to my amazement, what I believe to be, some paranormal activity in an old cemetery in Lithuania. Read it here.
No comments:
Post a Comment